2015 State of Search Marketing Report
SEMPO completed the 10th Annual SEMPO State of Search Marketing Report 2015, in conjunction with Third Door Media (Publisher of Search Engine Land and Marketing Land). The survey is a continuation of SEMPO’s annual tracking of digital marketing trends including Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click Advertising, Social Media Marketing and other digital channels. Read more in the press release.
The survey is unique in that it captures and segments data relevant for both marketers/clients and agencies. Some key results from 2015:
- Search still leads digital marketing efforts
- Marketers are outpacing agencies in email use, 86% vs. 50%
- Mobile activities across the board are lower than might be expected, at 48% and 42%
- Agencies are relied on for more expertise in specialized segments of paid search
- Marketers are comfortable handling social media in-house; agencies are more likely to use social advertising on Facebook
- Agencies are managing more of the "second tier" of image-oriented social media channels
- Biggest SEO Challenges: for marketers it is measuring SEO ROI; for agencies it's obtaining budget for SEO efforts
Now Available for Download
The report is available for download by SEMPO members. Log-in to view and download the document below, or access all SEMPO research. To become a SEMPO Member and view the latest 2015 State of Search Marketing Report, please click here.
Preview the Results
Want a preview? Watch the Search Research Hangout aired on October 27, 2015.
Call for Speakers - SEMPO State of Search Webinar for Member's Only
SEMPO is seeking speakers for the member's only webinar. If you're interested reach out to Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 State of Search Marketing Report
Access to past reports are public. View the detailed survey findings by downloading the 2013 State of Search Marketing Report here. All past reports can be viewed here.
The report was conducted in November 2013, and the survey was completed by over 400 advertisers and agency respondents. SEMPO and Econsultancy promoted the survey to their respective members, offering a complimentary copy of the report as the incentive for taking part. Take a look at the infographics from the last report: