This committee is responsible for editing and overseeing the resources published on the SEMPO website. This group assists in the coordination of SEMPO's educational webinar series by determining topics and securing presenters, and providing content review for each session. They are also involved in other outreach/educational programs, provide learning materials for events and other websites, and help to find new content for www.sempo.org that will support SEMPO's overall mission. Click here for more information.
Hang out with us! The Education Committee is now hosting informal Google Hangout chats featuring experts who can answer questions and hear your ideas and opinions on what’s hot/not. Monthly hangouts, rotating special guests. Check back soon for information on upcoming Hangouts.
NOW BOOKING SEMPO WEBINARS FOR 2012!
SEMPO has two webinar series to meet the growing need for education on search-related topics within and beyond the search marketing industry. The SEMPO Professional Webinar Series is geared for search and digital marketing professionals who need to stay abreast of the latest techniques and tools. The 101 Webinar Series is tailored to professionals who use search marketing as part of their jobs and to people just beginning their search marketing careers .
If you’ve always dreamed of being a SEMPO star leading one of our esteemed webinars, we would love to hear your pitches for our ongoing 2012 calendar. Here’s how to participate:
- Review the past webinar topics. (We do occasionally repeat a topic from one year to the next, we do try to put a new angle on it to keep our webinars fresh and relevant.)
- Read our general guidelines for the Learning Center.
- Craft a pitch that you think will really appeal to our members and the general public – highly tactical sessions often draw a big crowd, as do hot topics such as Jobs and Emerging Technology.
- Send your ideas and your speaker profile/cred to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ll notify you if we’ve selected your idea, and work with you to schedule it. Our webinars are typically on the last Thursday of the month.
The Education Committee is always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us develop programs, review content, and suggest topics to be covered. To learn more about how you can be involved, please contact the committee chairs.